Let me plug a few blogs I've come across in the past few weeks:
- ODD A has been commenting on various Bahrain blogs for a while now, but has finally set up his own site: The Odd Blog
- GDN reporter Eunice del Rosario's blog: Flipping the Coin
- And GDN columnist Amira Al Hussaini has set up a blog to archive her columns: In My Opinion. The great thing about this is that it allows readers to reply to her column instantly, rather than sending a letter to be published in GDN letters page.
And on the international front:
- Syria Exposed is a blog written by someone called Karfan (and a friend), "where all external myths about Syria and all internal taboos are broken". Very interesting and enjoyable stuff.
- From Cairo, With Love is a recently started blog from Cairo (duh). Mohamed has posted this great photo illustrating the (somewhat exaggerated) difference between how Westerners and Egyptians express themselves:
- And finally there's Aref-Adib, by Mehrdad, an Iranian living in London. It's an art/design blog with a bit of humour. Most of the posts are about finding images that are similar to each other. My favourite one is a comparison between former Iranian Prime Minister Mohammed Mossadegh and rock legend Frank Zappa: